Saturday 14 April 2012

Matt D'Netto





 MATT D'NETTO


I am Matt D’Netto, a Midlands-based solo classical guitarist with a repertoire ranging from baroque through to classical, romantic and contemporary music. I have performed at festivals and recitals across the country including venues like the Adrian Boult Hall and Birmingham Symphony Hall and I am delighted to be performing at St. Saviour’s Church at this year’s Dart Music Festival. 

I have recently been studying under the guidance of some of the UK’s finest guitarists at the Birmingham Conservatoire and have participated in master classes from musicians like William Kanengiser (founding member of the LA guitar Quartet and Benjamin Verdery and am extremely excited to put the experience gained into practice in my first performance of 2012 at Dartmouth.

I’ve also just spent the winter months in a recording studio in Leeds working on my debut solo album entitled ‘Artista Callejero’ (meaning ‘street performer’ – a reference to my time spent busking in sunny Stratford-upon-Avon during the summer months) to be released in early May. After spending so much time recording and scrutinising my playing in small studio rooms and recording booths I can’t wait to get back to performing live, especially at a venue like St. Saviour’s Church with such great acoustics.  

I have been asked by the organisers to put together a programme of music from Spain, the home of the modern classical guitar, so I’ve managed to work out a programme of almost an hour of quintessential guitar music including the Recuerdos de la Alhambra by Francisco Tarrega, Canarios by Gaspar Sanz, Granada by Isaac Albeniz, El Testament d’Amelia by Miguel Llobet, a pair of etudes by Fernando Sor and Spanish Dance No.5 by Enrique Granados, plus many more…

Really looking forward to the festival, can’t wait! Right, time for me to return to the practice room now and get on with rehearsing! 

Matt D’Netto

For more info visit my website: www.mattdnetto.com
You can also find me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/mattdnetto) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/mattdnetto).


No comments:

Post a Comment